Saturday, November 28, 2015

I BEEN GONE FOR A MINUTE... (in my Lil Kim voice)

Feels great to be back because I should have never stopped writing.  I guess in some ways, I really didn't.

Since 2013, which was one of my last posts, I have cut off and regrown my hair, got married, had a baby....

No, I'm joking.  What I really did was: cut and regrow my hair, I started and finished my Master's program, I left my old job, went back to that job, and left it again, and I think that about sums it up.

When I was in school (taking my online classes), I wrote, and wrote, and wrote.  But the topics weren't optional and the research was a killer.  So I did write a lot, but not for leisure.





While earning my Master's Degree in Human Services Counseling, with a concentration in Marriage & Family, was one of my greatest accomplishments in life, I still don't feel fulfilled.  I am not living out my passion.  I don't even feel like I am doing the work that God called me to do.

When I think about my hobbies and what I love to do----my mind goes blank.  Or it goes to work, and SPECIFICALLY certain kids that I teach. Life has to be more than just work.  Everyone should have hobbies and areas of interest that are outside their scope of work.  And I have worked and neglected my social life for so long, that I don't even know what it is that I like to do.  I can't think of things that I am great at, because my energy has been wasted on being a damn couch potato and not much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment