Wednesday, February 20, 2013

THANK YOU GOD!


1. I am thankful for a mother and father---I probably even take that for granted at times because everyone isn't blessed to have both parents.  Some people's parents were taken from them prematurely.

2. I am thankful for my training today.  It was a great experience and so peaceful.

3. I am thankful for Ms. Cherry and Mr. Buchanan.  I am blessed to have an amazing team to work with.  We work well together. We have excellent communication.  We build on each other's strengths and weaknesses--I hope I said that correctly.  They make it a pleasure to come to work each day.  I never really worked this well with a team before, and that is a blessing in itself.

4. I am thankful for the sun and the sky and the clouds.  Most morning, I am overjoyed to see the sunrising through the clouds.  It makes me smile.  It makes me feel good inside.  It lets me know that God is real and gives us big and small miracles each day---like sunshine and bright skies.

5. I am thankful for the ability to walk.  I was in a horrible car accident in 2007---where I had to be removed from my car with the Jaws of Life.  By the grace of God, I only suffered a broken leg.  And though I had to learn to walk all over again and had to learn some hard life lessons during that period in my life---it is all behind me. And I am a better person on this side of it.  And I don't require a walker, or assistance or even have a limp from that challenging experience.  I do, however, have a metal rod in my leg...lol.




6. I am thankful for a place to live.  Sunday, I went with the church that I attend to donate clothes and toiletries and shoes and sandwiches and waters and even stuffed animals to this homeless shelter, on D St NW.  It was so fulfilling to see those men unload their cars and help me unload my car with all of those donated items for the less fortunate.  It was even more fulfilling to see those people, no less than 50, flock to those piles of items and get what they needed.  Some things were probably too big and other were probably too small.  Most of them even said "Thank You" and "God Bless You".  Some of those people were wearing flip flops and it couldn't have been more than 30 degrees outside.  So, I have to thank God that I don't have to live on the streets and sleep in the cold or with complete strangers.  I thank God for being there even with those people during their hard time.  I also pray that God will bless those men and women, in whatever way He knows is best.

7. I am thankful for people that love me.  It's one of the best feelings in the world to feel love and know love.  Everyone doesn't get to experience that in his or her lifetime.

8. I am thankful for my students.  I love my students, which in turn allows me to love my job.  Both jobs.  And LOVE just doesn't seem to fit because I have amazing students that mean a great deal to me.  I just think that kids are pretty amazing when you think about it.  They teach me about life everyday.  They teach me about myself everyday.  They make me want to be a better person everyday.  They, of course, make me want to be a better teacher so that they can be smarter and better students.  I adore my students even though they stress me out so bad at times.  I love them for their unique personalities.  I love that they can piss me off one second and warm my heart the next.  I just love those little people. 

9. I thank God for Pastor Blakeney and Pastor McCray.  They deliver excellent messages to me each week---depending on which church I am fortunate enough to attend.  They help me to learn a little more about God and God's love each week.  They give me nourishment from the Bible that I need.  And their love for God and their knowledge in the Word is such a blessing to me and other members of the congregation.  So I thank God for my two pastors and tons of other pastors in the world.

10. I thank God for the little miracles.  I thank God for the green lights that I get when I am running late.  I thank God for that CeCe Winans cd that I recently purchased, that speaks to my core everyday.  I thank God for broken relationships.  I thank God for healed relationships.  I thank God for putting amazing people in my life.  I thank God for removing some people from my life.  I thank God for the opportunity to learn something new each day.  I thank God for people like Ms. Macko who love me just for me.  I thank God for heat.  I thank God for a vehicle.  I thank God for changing my life!  I have so much to be thankful for and I just want to remember to thank God as much as I can for all that he does for me and the people I know and love.  And even the people I don't know and more so for the people I don't love.....lol.  I know that isn't funny.  God wants us to love everyone.  Our enemies, our neighbors, our mother and father, everyone!  So, I take that back.

But I thank God for being God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment