Wednesday, February 20, 2013

LENT SEASON: THANK GOD


It's Lent Season.  I believe Lent is specifically a Catholic tradition but tons of other denominations of Christians apparently celebrate Lent as well.  Lent is the 40 days before Easter where you can add things to your life or cut out some things from you life, to strengthen your relationship with God.  Well, that's my definition of Lent.  It's also the time before Easter, where you can celebrate the fact that Jesus was hung on the cross and died for our sins. 

So anyway, I find that some amazing things can happen during Lent Season.  Last year, it was a great time for me.  So many great things happened for me during that time.  And this year-----it is such a challenge.  I have been dealing with so many things and I just know that God is working on me and about to do some amazing things in my life.  But God will give you trials and tests and tribulations.  All of the before mentioned things will help you to grow and strengthen your relationship with God. 

And so...the purpose of this blog is really just to Thank God in advance for all of the big and little miracles that I am blessed with each day.  I also want to thank God for the miracles that are about to happen in my life.  I know times are hard and sometimes, my situation seems hopeLESS....but there is no such thing when you have God in your life.  God can make a way out of noway. 

What I urge for you (any and every Christian [and non-Christian] person that reads this blog) to do is to try and thank God every hour for 1 thing that He has done for you.  I mean, God blesses us every second and minute that we breath.  But every hour----I am sure God has done one more thing for you---that you can be thankful and grateful for.

Today, I had a training.  I was talking to my friend about it yesterday and I was so damn pessimistic about it.  Like, WHY?  But I said I would much rather be in my classroom with my students.  And sure enough, my training was great.  I had to thank God for giving me such a great experience and giving me an opportunity to learn something new and giving me an opportunity to commune with some people that I wouldn't ordinarily commune with and give me an opportunity to grow as an educator.  In just those few hours, and that first day of training that I gripped about....God showed me that all things are for my good.  And also that I should be optimistic at all times.  What do I really have to complain about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment