Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love as God Loves

I guess so much is going on in my life that I don't even know where this is blog will go.  I am having the best NEW YEAR of my life!!!!! I have been blessed in my work life, my home life, my financial situation---just everything! I would never lead on like life is perfect, because it is far from that. I still have stress hourly, I have issues in some of my relationships, I struggle with self acceptance and tons of other things.  But at this very moment-----I feel like I am on top of the world.

I am just so happy about what God has in store for me.  I am doing things this year that I have never done before.  When you are ready for a change---you have to change yourself.  And I have started to change.  I am re-evaluating relationships.  My attitude.  My relationship with God.  My triggers.  My strengths.  My weaknesses.  My everything!  Any and everything that impacts me and how I relate to and deal with people----how I show up for people-----how people show up for me-----my perceptions of people------I am just working to change all of that.


At both churches that I attend----or that I have been attending in the past couple of weeks-----the messages have been about love.  To just LOVE people---wherever they are.  And for whatever good they have to offer.  Not to hold on to the past or the hurt they caused, but just to love them.  I mean---God loves us unconditionally.  So, why should our love for our brothers and sisters....His other children....not also be unconditional?  Just as people have hurt us in the past.  Let us down.  Kicked us when we were down.  Broke our hearts.  Left us when we needed them.  Stabbed us in the back.  Told our secrets.  Lied to our faces.  Betrayed us.  Just didn't come through.  Hit our weak spots. 
WE HAVE ALSO BEEN ON THE GIVING END OF SOME OF THOSE THINGS!!!! 

No one in life is perfect.  Hopefully we are all striving to be better today than we were yesterday....but we all fall short at moments or periods in our lives.  Just like people have scarred us.  We have scarred people.  Just like we expect to be forgiven for our mistakes----our fuck ups----our accidents----our poor decisions-----we have to return that favor of forgiveness to everyone.  God forgives.  And God taught us to forgive 'seventy times seven'. 

So...in the season of Valentine's Day and what God taught us from day 1....we should learn to love everyone.  Love our friends.  Love our neighbors.  Love our parents.  Love our siblings.  Love our enemies.  Love our supervisors.  Love our children.  Love our neighbor's children.  Love our fellow sinners.  Just love!  Because everyone deserves to be loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment