Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bull$hit at Work

Can I just say that I have experienced my first bad day at work last Friday.  I mean---it was super stressful and I didnt have the best day.  I have had GREAT days at work since app. November 7.  And Friday---my day was shit.  I accepted a promotion and now I have my own classroom---which means more responsibilities and more hassles and more stresses.  I take my job very seriously and I want to be the BEST teacher I can possibly be.  I am hard on myself because I hold the kids to high standards and I can be a hard ass---the kids say I "be geekin'".  But thats okay....I'll continue to 'geek' if it means that my boys will think before they speak, put their chairs up each afternoon prior to leaving for the day, own responsibility for their actions, and learn something. My job isnt easy but I do love what I do.  I love my students and I care about them.  I want them to be better than what they are---so that they can grow up to be decent men.  I have girl students too---but the population of females in our school is so slim.  But I love them too and want them to be strong, respectable women.  I will continue to pray each day and pray for my students and even for my colleagues.  I am praying for better days to come and for the ability to handle every situation with grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment