Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year Bitches!!!

Happy New Year folks.  It's finally 2011!!! Last year was okay for me.  I learned so much, I grew so much, and fuck it if life didn't deal me a hell of a hand last year.  I mean, I was forced to deal with things and adjust to things, and just grow as a person.  I am still alive and breathing and so I must be stronger in this year of 2011.  Anyway, have you heard the saying "How you start the year is how your year will be"?  Well, lets hope not.  I started this New Year with a FUCKING cold.  I didn't get sick from Aug through Dec 28.  New Year's Eve I was at work blowing my nose and washing my hands like crazy.  My throat was sore and I was taking sore throat medicine to try to cut this thing off at the pass. 

Sad to say, I still have my cold and I am pissed off.  I don't want to be sick or sickly all damn year long.  I also started my New Year in a so-called 4 star (popular) hotel.  And since these bitches ain't paying me, I will not endorse them.  Not to mention, the hotel wasn't all that.  So, me and my baby brought in the New Year together, with our 1738 and our kiss and some other things I wont mention...lol.  So, it wasn't all bad.  I just hope that this cold is gone by the weekend.  I don't like this feelings, my nose is red and sore from all the wiping, I feel like the Lysol can will be empty very soon, and I haven't been getting sleep.  I can't breath through my nose or mouth...it is the PITS!!!  I just want to be healthy again and mucous free...lmao!!!!

I want to be very ambitious and successful this year.  I also want to go to church this year.  I did a search of gay and gay-friendly churches in my area and I found a few that I would actually go to.  One of them being a church in DC that marries gay couples.  I probably won't go this Sunday, but next Sunday.  If I get my lazy ass out of bed, I will surely let you know how it went. 

Why am I, Melunique, looking for a church.  Well, I used to attend this awesome ass church--lol--and it was so awesome.  The church was small and community-based.  They focused on aids in the community and homelessness and schools without textbooks and just practical things.  The pastor did not preach on POLITICS, nor did he attempt to influence his congregation on which way to vote.  He preached on passages (in the bible) that were uplifting and had a good message.  I felt like I could really take on the week after I left service.  However, I allowed some bitchy ass, hypocritical ass, phony ass people to run me off.  This woman was talking to another woman about the choir director, who was obviously a gay man.  I was so disgusted and turned off that I didn't go back.  What a crock---I know.  In hind sight, I would have done things a LOT differently.  If I encountered that same issue today, I would say something.  Anyway, the pastor left and now has a new congregation in Ohio. 

But church was uplifting for me and being around people to fellowship and do nice things in the community was fun for me.  So, if I can get that back, I will do that this year.  I am taking baby steps.

What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?  I also want to read a book or two this year, as I didn't read a single one last year.  Can anyone suggest any gay/lesbian authors---or books with gay/lesbian themes or characters?  I could start there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment