Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blogging in 2011

So, I have sooo many thoughts running through my head.  I think this is a good thing.  I took some NyQuil earlier today (about 5:30 or 6pm).  I don't think sleepiness is upon me just yet.  Anyway, writing is therapeutic, which is why I imagine so many people have blogs.  I guess everyone has their own reason for blogging---it's public and sometimes intimate and puts people in vulnerable positions.  Why the hell do we blog?

I guess for me, it's a step just outside of my comfort zone.  Many, many steps outside of my comfort zone. And me and my comfort zone are one.  I rarely step outside of it or push that envelope.  So, blogging forces me to be adventurous (in a way).  Although I have that long list of Blogs that I follow, I rarely read blogs.  Lately, the past 3 months I have been watching Video Blogs on YouTube.  I just got into the YouTube craze.  I may have said this before, but I used to be ANTI-YouTube.  People posting fights, crimes, and other horrible things! I used to think YouTube was some forum for non-sense, craziness, and all things fucked-up.  And to a high degree, you can still access all of those, before mentioned, things on YouTube.  But I also learned that YouTube is also a forum for other things as well. 

Let me put the spot-light on TSKayla on YouTube.  He is my new bestie, though he doesn't know it yet...lol.  I love the fact that he is gay! I also admire how he talks about personal things, things that aren't easy to share with close friends, let alone strangers.  I favorite-ed one of his videos about how religion fails to bring people closer together.  It's true!  I've experienced this on a number of occasions.   

Anyway, I was going to embed his video here, because I learned how to do it a little while ago, and his channel isn't there anymore.  I mean, it was just there a day or two ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment