Sunday, December 5, 2010

December and the Holidays

I am beyond overjoyed because its Christmas time.  I love the holiday season...I love shopping (if and when I have the money to do so), I love Christmas music and songs, I love everything about November 22 through January 2.  I find that people are nicer, kinder, and I can't contain myself.  I think people are just more generous and giving around this time of the year.  And whatever the reason is...I love it.  I hate to say Christmas and exclude some many people---I just mean the holidays and all the holiday celebrations and festivities. 


This time of year I get nostalgic---I think about my childhood, Santa, gifts under the tree, church, family members gathering together, and Mariah Carey...lol.  I love this time of the year. 

I am an Ellen freak and I have been watching her shows everyday---as I have been unemployed since August of this year.  She is freakin' hilarious.  Anyway, she is doing the 12Days give-a-way or something like that...and the audience members go hysterical when she mentions it.  I can't wait to see what it's like and what she gives away.  I see that she already does so much for needy families and military families.  All of this just reminds me that people are out there cold as hell, hungry as ever, and without family.  I don't want to take for granted the many blessings that I have in my life.  I also want to have a generous heart and encourage others to be generous as well.  We can do small things like donating old (but wearable)clothes, drop off canned goods, and give a dollar here and there.  We can do big things like donate our time at churches and soup kitchens-to feed the less fortunate.


So, I don't want to put a negative spin on this time of year, I just want to bring awareness. 
I have been having a rough time with my family---most of whom I can stand.  But I do want to have some sort of relationship with my mother and I miss her.  Of course this time of year is the hardest.  So, I don't know if I will see my mother this Christmas or not.  I didn't see her this year for Thanksgiving, for the first time in 26 years :-(.  It was a decision that I felt I had to make and I don't regret it.  I just hope that in the next 20 days or so, we can come to some middle ground and make the holidays magical for the both of us. And I am a hopeless romantic and an optimist and some more.  I love the Hallmark Channel and LMN station this time of year.  I SINCERELY believe in miracles and good people.  I think anything is possible this time of year----I can't explain why, but I just feel this way.  So, say a prayer for me that I can start 2011 with a more position and healthier relationship with my kin folks. 

Seasons Greetings!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment