Friday, September 3, 2010

Noah'sArc:Jumping the Broom

Well...I love director, writer, and producer Patrick Ian-Polk and all of his work.  I love the acclaimed television series 'Noah's Arc' that initially aired on Logo and is now in syndication on Logo.  So, I was devastated at how the show ended in the 2nd season.  I can't really imagine why there wasn't a season 3, 4, 5, and 6.  I believe that Noah's Arc had/has a huge fan base.  I can't get enough of Noah and Wade, Alex and Trey, and the entire cast.  I love what the show stands for.  I love how the show focused attention on the black gay culture and all that it has to offer.  The show was about relationships; both functional and dysfunctional, HIV/Aids awareness, gay families, the gay social scenes, gay pride, gay bashing, and so much more.  I hung on every episode.

So, Patrick Ian-Polk created the feature film Noah's Arc: Jumping the Broom, released in limited theaters in the fall of 2008.  Can I just brag that I had the wonderful opportunity to meet and greet Mr. Patrick Ian-Polk at the Landmark E Street Cinema movie theater.  My girlfriend and I went to purchase tickets the night that the movie premiered, however, all the damn gays in D.C had already purchased all of the tickets and filled the theater.  Can I just say how disappointed I was that the movie was in limited theaters and was only advertised, on Logo, to the gay population?  These two white girls asked me and my girl what me planned to see that night.  We told them and they hadn't the slightest idea what we were talking about.  


So, Patrick Ian-Polk traveled all the way from the west coast to sit in the audience, with his viewers, and watch the premiere of his movie.  I love it!  Anyway, that is how I met Mr. Ian-Polk.  My girl and I purchased tickets for the next day and went back to the theater to see the movie.  Can I just say that the audience was live.  Those boys and girls in the theater were laughing out-loud and talking back to the screen.  Alex really stole the show when it comes to comedy.  I was disappointed at Wade's new 'do and was excited to see the straight-backs at the end of the movie.  Overall, I rate the movie a 10 out of 10.  I love the cast, I love the story line, and frankly, I can't get enough of Noah and his boys.  I just wish there was more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment