Friday, September 17, 2010

Just Being Me

 First,  I have to say that I find it very difficult sometimes to stay on top of my blog and to keep it current.  I find myself adding entries and then not knowing where to go next.  So, the title of this blog is 'Just Being Me'.  The first thing that I feel that I MUST do is post a picture of myself on here.  As an African American lesbian, I want to show that I am proud of myself, who I am, who I have become, and who I will ultimately grow to be.  So here I am:


That wasn't so hard.  So, what my aim for this blog is first, for me to immerse myself in the gay scene and really enjoy the company of 'my people'.  The other thing is to broaden the horizons of others.  I am 26 and have been gay for at least 8 years.  I do not have a Downelink profile; which I think is good to have; for various reasons; networking, job opportunities, upcoming LGBT events, news, knowledge, etc.  Well, I hope that all of this is offered on the website.  What I know for certain about the website is that it also serves the purpose of allowing the LGBT community to make random hook-ups, create platonic and romantic relationships, and basically the same things that you can do on other social websites. 

Back to the topic at hand.  I feel like if I have been a lesbian for almost a decade and am pretty much clueless to all that this community has to offer, than so are other gays and lesbians.  I am doing this for myself, but feel like I will ultimately spread some knowledge in the process.

I want to give a shout out to Ronnie T; a young man whose blog I just started to follow.  He has the hang of this thing more than I do and has already uploaded some videos online for the viewing pleasure of ALL; he says that he does not discriminate.  But anyway, I am proud of what he is doing and I love his attitude and confidence.  So, check him out in the link below: 
                              http://www.youtube.com/bookingronniet

As for me, I am going to start thinking of ideas to blog about.  My blog is strictly for the LGBT community, as well as those who love and adore us (wink).  Something like the Utopian world in which Rosie O'Donnell created with her gay family cruises.  I watched the documentary 'All Aboard: Rosie's Family Cruise' which premiered on HBO in 2006.  If you have not seen it, I strongly suggest you watch it.  I don't know what the big deal is but I fell in love with it.  It came on a couple of weeks ago and I saved it to my DVR.  I just love what the cruise stands for and seeing how happy the passengers/families were.  I can't get enough of it.  I am anticipating the day when my hunnie and I can step foot on one of Rosie's gay cruises.
                              http://www.rfamilyvacations.com/

Well, it is a Friday night and I should be doing something fun, social, and GAY!  But I am going to be in the house, applying for jobs online, drinking on my triple black Smirnoff Ice and catching up on some Grey's Anatomy.  I am still on season 5 episode so I am going to enjoy this lazy night.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment